Taken from a Facebook post by Pastor Rummage, the homiletical value of this six point outline is worthy of consideration. Whether one spends five minutes on each verse, or plans a topical/exegetical series of six sermons, what Pastor Rummage has outlined makes for great sermon or teaching fodder. (But be sure to give credit where credit is due.)
Thank you, Pastor Rummage, for your insight and willingness to share this info.
Six ways we receive wisdom from God
by Dr. Steven Rummage, pastor
Bell Shoals Baptist Church
1. The Hand of God: "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him" James 1.5.
2. The Fear of God: “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding" Proverbs 9.10.
3. The Word of God: "and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus" 2 Timothy 3.15.
4. The People of God: "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord" Colossians 3.16.
5. The Spirit of God: "The Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon Him, The Spirit of wisdom and understanding, The Spirit of counsel and might, The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord" Isaiah 11.2.
6. The Son of God: "but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men" 1 Corinthians 1.23-25.